We always wonder how does hotel dish tastes different and yummy. But here is recipe for Paneer Butter Masala made at home as it tastes in all hotels.
Paneer cut into cubes 15 pieces
Butter 2 Tb spoon
Tomato puree 2 tomatoes
Onion 1 nos
cashew nuts 1 tb spoon
Ginger&garlic paste 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Aam Chur powder 1 tsp
Kasthoori methi 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
cilantro to garnish
salt to taste
- Grind 1/2 onion to smooth paste, chop the other half into small pieces.
- Grind the tomato and make it a puree.
- Grind cashew into smooth paste
- Fry the Paneer to half brown stage in little oil.
- Drop the fried paneer in hot water and keep aside.(this is to reduce oil and make it soft)
- In a kadai put the butter and add jeera. fry till it splutters.
- Add grounded onion and fry little.
- Then add the cut onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add Ginger& Garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Now add tomato and boil it till the oil separates from the pan.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, kasthoori methi, amchur powder, and salt.
- Add a little(1/2 cup) water if needed to make semi liquid state.
- Add the cashew paste and cook for five min.(till the gravy becomes thick)
- Finally add the paneer pieces and boil for five minutes.
- garnish with cilantro
- Serve hot with Naans, chapathi or rice.
- we can use cauliflower or potato instead of paneer. Just need to boil the vegetable and put in the gravy.You need not fry.
- You can put as raw paneer instead of frying.