An instant dhokla made in microwave oven. It takes not more than 10 min time.
what you need:
1 cup kadalai maav(Besan flour)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda/Eno fruit salt
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp grated coconut
1 green chilli
1 tsp oil
How to make?
- In a vessel mix besan, water and make a batter
- Add sugar,lemon juice,salt,tumeric powder and mix well
- Add baking soda in the end with the batter and leave it for two min
- Grease a microwave dish, pour the batter and Microwave on high for 7 min
- Cut into pieces once done.
- Dhokla comes out fluffy and soft
- In pan heat oil and add mustard seeds,jeera,coconut,chilli and ginger
- Allow to splutter and add the cut pieces of dhokla
- serve hot with coriander/pudina chutney.
Note: Timing may vary one-two minutes before or after.
To check for dhokla if done or not, it separates out from the corners of the dish.