A very traditional recipe. Simply, easy and quick recipe with all ingredients at home.
Rava 1 cup
Maida 1 cup
Rice flour 1/2 cup
Butter milk 1 cup
Water as required to make it liquid
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Green chilli 1 no
Curry leaves 2-3 leaves
1 tsp oil
How to make?
- Mix rava, rice flour,maida and salt together
- Add buttermilk and water to make it liquid consistency
- Temper with mustard seeds,green chilli,curry leaves and mix well with the batter.
- Pour batter in a circle with spatula and spread across the tawa.
- Do not spread the batter with the help of spatula.
- Sprinkle some oil to make it crisp. Flip the dosa once cooked.
- Remove from the stove once it turns brown.
- Serve hot with chutney,sambar.
Alternative: Add onions for taste. Rice flour makes the dosa crisp.