This is a traditional sweet dish. It is almost similar to sweet kozhukattai.
For the filling:
Channa dhal 1 cup
Jaggery 1 cup
Coconut 1/2 cup
Cardomom seeds 1 tsp
For the Outer coating:
Urad dhal 1 cup
pinch of salt
Soak the urad dhal for 4-5 hours and grind well to smooth paste.
- Pressure cook channa dhal and mash well.
- In a pan melt the jaggery with a 2 tbl spoon of water, till the consistency is thick.
- Add the mashed Channa dhal, coconut and Cardomom powder and make a thick dough.
- Remove from the stove and make small balls.
- Dip the small sweet balls in the batter and fry in deep oil.
- Fry til little golden brown and serve hot.