My mother-in-law taught me few podi's for easy use. Here is one among them.
We can grind this powder and keep it for many days. On the day of mixing the rice, just boil tamrind water and season with all ingredients as mentioned below.
1 cup Channa dhal
2 cup Dhania (Coriander seeds)
2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 cup Jeera
Required red chillies- (I added 1/2 cup of long red chillies)
1 cup ground nut
1 cup til
1. Fry all the above ingredients till the raw smell goes
2. Grind them into fine powder and store it as many days required.
To prepare puliyogare rice we need,
2 cups rice
2 tbl spoon Tamrind paste
4-5 Spoons of puliyogare powder grounded.
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Urad dhal
1 tsp Channa dhal
1 tsp Ground nuts
1 tsp Curry leaves
2 tbl spoon oil
Salt to taste
- Boil rice and keep aside.
- In a pan add the oil and allow all the seasoning and allow them to splutter and become golden brown.
- Add the tamrind paste and 1/2 cup water and allow to boil till raw smell goes
- Add the 4-5 spoons ground puliyogare powder and salt.
- Stir well till it becomes thick paste and switch off the stove.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with papads.