I made some 'Badam halwa' for our second marriage anniversary.
I tired this recipe for the first time and turned out pretty well.
1 cup Badam
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup ghee
- Soak the badam in hot water and peel the skin out.
- Grind the badam with 1/2 cup of milk into a smooth paste.
- In a non-stick pan add the 1 cup of sugar and little water and allow to dissolve.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve well and once a string consistency comes add the badam paste.
- Add the remaining milk in saffron and add it to the mixture and keep stirring.
- Once the mixture is mixed well, slowly add ghee little by little.
- Keep the gas in low flame throughout the preparation.
- Keep stirring till the halwa consistency comes(15-20 min).
- Once the mixture leaves the pan and starts getting thicker, remove from the gas and pour the mixture in a greased plate.
- This halwa becomes thicker as it becomes cold.
This recipe goes to Srivalli's Mithai Mela: