For the filling:
2 tsp oil
1 tsp Jeera
1 boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
salt to taste
For the pastry
1 cup Maida
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Jeera
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp oil
water to make the dough
For the Filling:
- In a pan add oil and Jeera, allow it to splutter.
- Add peas,mashed potatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Cook for a while and filling is ready.
- Sift the maida, salt and baking powder together.
- Add jeera and mix well with the mixed flour.
- Slowly add water till the dough is thick like chapathi dough.
- Knead the dough for atleast 3-4 minutes to make it soft.
- close the dough for 1/2hour with a wet cloth.
- Make small balls with the dough.
- Roll the balls like Roti's.
- Cut each flattened rolls into half.
- Fill each half with the stuffing and brush all the edges with water and press with thumb and cover all the edges.
- Deep Fry in oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.