I tried a Aayi's eggless fruit cake(Link is attached below) and i made few modifications to the recipe.The cake came out really soft and nice. All of you should try it..
Here is the Ingredients,
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup +1/4 cup Sugar
7 table spoon Butter (unsalted)
1/2 tea spoon Cinnamon powder
1/2 tea spoon Clove powder
1/2 tea spoon Cardamom powder
3/4 cup Orange Juice (I used Apricot juice)
1 tea spoon Vanilla extract
1/2 tea spoon Baking powder
1 tea spoon Baking Soda
1/4 tea spoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Dried plums
You can also use tutti Fruti
- Preheat oven at 350F
- In a bowl add the butter and melt it, Add the dry fruits and nuts and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 table spoon of water and melt till it becomes dark brown,
- (Do not stir while making the caramel, Shake the vessel)
- Pour the caramel to the dry fruit mixture and mix well.
- Once it is cooled a bit, add juice,salt and remaining 1/4 cup sugar,vanilla extract and spice powders and mix well.
- Sieve the all purpose flour,baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the fruit mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Grease the baking pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake in 350F for around 25-30 minutes till the knife is inserted and comes out clean.