Okra (vendakkai)- 1 cup
Sour butter milk- 1 1/2 cups
Channa dhal - 2 tea spoon
Dhania- 2 tea spoon
Green chilli- 4
Coconut- 2 spoons
Turmeric powder- 1 tea spoon
Asafeotida- a pinch
oil 2 tea spoon
salt as required
- In a microwave bowl add the cut okra, 1 tea spoon oil and little salt.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes till the okra is fried to light dark brown as shown below.Soak Channa dhal for 15 minutes.
- Grind the soaked channa dhal, dhania,green chillies and coconut to smooth paste.
- In a another microwave bowl, add 1 tea spoon oil, mustard seeds and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter milk, paste, turmeric powder,Asafeotida,salt and microwave for 3 minutes.
- More kozhambu is ready.
- Add the Fried okra and mix it well with kozhambu.
- This is good to serve with steamed rice.
- This entry goes to Jayashree's MEC Celebrating Bloggers