1 bunch of Cilantro (Kothamalli)
1 table spoon Channa Dhal
1 table spoon Urad dhal
2-3 Red chillies
1 tea spoon tamarind paste
pinch of asafeotida
salt to taste
1 tea spoon oil
- In a pan add a oil, urad dhal and channa dhal
- Fry for a minute till the raw smell goes
- Add the cilantro leaves and saute for a minute
- Add salt, tamarind and asafeotida and mix them well. Turn off the stove.
- Grind into a smooth paste and serve hot with rice and ghee.
Note: You can also use Curry leaves or Pudina instead of Cilantro leaves.