I am sure it is going to be fun participating in the marathon and also checking out of what other blogger friends have done.
My first dish is "Vegetable Kurma and Roti" for the BM#4 DAY 1.
This dish takes less than 30 minutes to do from the scratch.
Here is the recipe for the Vegetable Kurma.
1 medium size Potato
1 cup peas
1 cup carrots
1 bell peppers (Capsicum)
1 cup beans
1 tea spoon Turmeric powder
To Fry and Grind
1 table spoon Grated coconut
1 table spoon cashew nuts
3-4 Green Chillies
1 Tea spoon Jeera
1 Tea Spoon Fennel seeds (saunf)
Small piece Cinnamon
1 tea spoon sesame oil (any oil)
Salt to taste
- Cut the Vegetables into small pieces and 1 1/2- 2 cups of water and turmeric powder in the pressure cooker.
- Allow it to cook up to one whistle and switch off the stove.
- In a small pan add oil, Jeera, Fennel seeds, cashew nuts, Onions, Green chillies, Cloves, Cardamon, Cinnamon and coconut and fry for two minutes.
- Grind into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Once the vegetables are boiled, Open the pressure cooker and mix the Grounded paste and salt.
- Boil the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Vegetable Kurma is ready to serve.
Vegetable kurma totally took around 20 minutes to make from scratch.
Side by side, i also made Roti's.
Ingredients to make the Ajwain Roti's
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
1 tea spoon Ajwain seeds (Omam)
2 tea spoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
water to make the dough.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a soft dough.
- Roll it into a round Roti and place it on a hot tawa.
- Flip sides until it is done.
- serve hot with Vegetable kurma.
- Roti's hardly take maximum of 10-12 minutes to make.
Both these dishes are very good for health and nutritious.
Kurma can also be made any available vegetables at home.
Ajwain is very good for digestion and for nursing moms.
Check out my Blogging Marathoners doing BM#4 hosted by Srivalli
Diabetes Diet/Management: PJ
Kid Friendly Recipes: Suma, Priya Suresh, Divya
Seven Days of Soup:Ila, Smita P
Seven Days of Indian Bread: Monika
Seven Days of Cakes: Bhagyashri
30 Minutes Meals: Archana ..This is me
Seven days of Condiment: Kamalika, Srivalli